This spring - at Bialystok University of Technology – you’ll get an opportunity to demonstrate your language skills and impress your prospective employer with a prize-winning diploma. It’s the Foreign Language Centre’s Presentation Contest.
You cannot let this chance pass you by!
The topic this year is:
Your field of study – trends, challenges, opportunities.
The important thing is your passion and individual approach – you can narrow down or broaden the topic so that you can talk about the aspects that you are fascinated with.
The presentation – in English, German or Russian – should not last longer than 8 – 10 minutes. It’s not about the slides - the crucial element is what you are going to say.
When preparing your presentation, bear in mind:
- the language of the presentation must not be your native tongue,
- you can use different software to prepare your presentation ( PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.)
- try not to put too much text on the slides – headings, dates, numbers, pictures, etc. are OK.
- you don’t need to bring a laptop to the contest – an external drive is enough (USB etc.)
- try to prepare your notes in the form of points - just to refresh your memory, so that you do not read your presentation.
- the rest is up to you – we are looking forward to hearing you!
The qualifying rounds will take place on May 9th and May 10th in the afternoon. Please let us know that you want to enroll at:
or at the Language Centre Office, SJO on 2nd floor of the library building. Do not forget to leave us your email address and phone number so that we can let you know when and where to come.
The results will be announced on May 17th.
The award ceremony will be held on May 18th at 4 pm in Lecture Hall 33 in our building.
I Prize: 200 zł MediaMarkt gift card
II Prize: 150 zł MediaMarkt gift card
III Prize: 100 zł MediaMarkt gift card
Honorary mentions – diplomas and small gifts
The Deans of individual faculties at Bialystok University of Technology are also going to award their prizes for the best contestant from their faculties, so there is even more reason to take part.
All the contestants will get participant diplomas and the winners will also receive cups and special diplomas.
The contestants who are still attending language classes will be awarded 5 – 15 points in their language class – the judging panel will decide the number of points.